Making a Difference
“Working for RICH is the most important and rewarding work I have done in a long career in education. We make a significant difference in the lives of our students.”— Barbara Taylor, RICH Tutor
Closing the Education Gap
D.C. is known as a dropout factory, with just 58% of our youth graduating from high school and fully half of these dropouts ending up in jail. Resources for Inner city CHildren wants every student to achieve academic success, graduate from high school, become a productive adult and live up to his or her potential.
In 2013-14, RICH’s educational professionals provided over 4,000 hours of instruction and mentoring to the students and teachers of the Cesar Chavez Public Charter School and the Academies at Anacostia.
RICH is also a source of information for all Washington-area residents, professionals and non-professionals alike, who want to advance the educational development of inner city children. RICH also coordinates with organizations that provide tutoring services, psychoeducational testing, college counseling, advocacy, occupational therapy and other educational resources.
- RICH—By the Numbers
- “It’s Kind of Surreal ... Going to College”
- Why We Can’t “Stay in
- City Fund Gives RICH Its
Highest Award Ever
- Cesar Chavez Shows
Confidence in RICH
- College Prep Winds
Down and Gears Up
- Celebrating Two
- This Year’s Plans and
Data from Last Year
- Susan Laing Joins RICH
- “Carmen” Fundraiser Raises
- RICH College Prep Program
- The Class of 2017 Needs
- Donations Now Come With a Money-Back Guarantee
- RICH’s Top Students Take a
- College Trip!
- RICH’s Growing Alumni Population
- Sheryl Gilbert Chair
- RICH featured in Channel 9 News’ Hero Central: Click on the video below to learn about Anacostia High School student Demes Lewis, and his work with RICH.
- Success Marketing Looks at RICH’s SROI
- RICH Executive Director is Interviewed for Harvard EdCast, a weekly podcast on education by the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Click here to listen
- Assessment of RICH’s Anti-Truancy Efforts Completed by GW Team