RISE-DC history: Founded in 2003 as RICH by Paul Penniman
- Over 1,500 students served since RISE-DC’s inception
- Over 5,000 hours of tutoring or mentoring provided to students in 2015-16
- revenue, 2014-15: $343,000
- $147,000 from individuals
- $78,000 from foundations
- $118,000 in-kind contributions
Administrative expenses: $57,000 (part-time bookkeeper, fundraising efforts, insurance, audit report, office supplies, etc.), approximately 17% of total revenue; approximately 83% of revenue goes directly to programs.